Parkinson’s Disease is a neurological disease that affects all parts of a person’s body. It impairs motor skills and can cause dementia. There are many Parkinson’s-type disorders. Each one is a little different, but each is the same in that it eventually become debilitating. Parkinson’s is probably best known as causing tremors in the hands that eventually spreads through the body making caring for one’s self difficult. Parkinson’s Disease usually begins when a person is in his/her 50’s or 60’s and become a life-long battle to maintain independence. Parkinson’s Disease touches every area of the individual’s life. Care partners and family, especially spouses, are also affected.
At Homewatch CareGivers, we understand Parkinson’s Disease. Treatments mainly address issues of mobility; slowness of movement, freezing, rigidity and stiffness and involuntary movements. Medications reminders are very important here related to the time sensitivity of the peak time of the drug.
Parkinson’s Disease Home Care can help:
- Maintain mobility
- Encourage range-of-motion (ROM) exercises per care plan (Second most important treatment after medication)
- Maintain adequate nutrition and fluid
- Maintain a safe environment
- Maintain independence
- Keep the client’s room free of clutter
- Encourage the client to use assistive devices for walking.
- Provide for frequent rest periods
- Give small frequent meals high in fiber
- Encourage the client to increase fluid intake
- Keep tasks simple
- Support the client by listening to his/her concerns about his/her loss of abilities
Homewatch CareGivers is a licensed, professional home care agency dedicated to providing quality in-home care, senior care, dementia care and specialized care services throughout the State of Utah including Salt Lake, Utah, Davis, Weber and Surrounding Counties.
We provide our in-home care services to residents of American Fork, Bountiful, Brigham City, Clearfield, Clinton, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Farmington, Herriman, Holladay, Kaysville, Kearns, Layton, Lehi, Logan, Midvale, Millcreek, Morgan, Murray, North Salt Lake, Ogden, Orem, Payson, Pleasant Grove, Provo, Riverton, Roy, Salt Lake City, Sandy, Santaquin, South Jordan, Spanish Fork, Syracuse, Taylorsville, Tooele, West Valley City, Woods Cross and other Utah communities.